Home Depot Return Policy: Are you a Home Depot customer? Do you want to make a return?
If you bought anything from Home Depot online store and find your ordered product defective or you just don’t like it, Home Depot has a Return Policy for the issue.
It is necessary to know about the Home Depot return policy rules since many time occurs that when you buy products online after unboxing we get damaged or defective items.
We will discuss and talk around the topic Home Depot and its Return Policy. How exactly you can make your return and what terms need to be fulfilled to make your return successful?
Home Depot Return Policy
Home Depot Return Policy stated that they offers their customers 90 days to return their product. If you try to return after it surpass the 90 days return period, your return will be denied.
For Home Depot Consumer Credit Card users, there are some extra perks as Home Depot Commercial Account or Commercial Revolving Charge will have a bit of advantage over all the other types of purchases. Customer will get a full refund on their returned product.
Home Depot accept your product returns if they met the conditions mentioned in their Return Policy.
- The return needs to be made within 90 days of the purchase date.
- Your original purchase receipt is required along with your return product.
- Valid ID of you. (like your driver’s license)
- Bring the credit card used for the purchase. (bring the original form of payment)
You will also be asked as to your reason of why you wanna return the product and your answer will also determine your return request.
Returning the purchased products By Visiting the Home Depot Store
- Visit your nearest Home Depot store.
- Customers need to show a copy of their receipt or the credit card used for the purchase of the particular products and also Conformation E-mail with a valid User-I.D.
- Your returning product needs to contains all the items and the accessories which come in the Home Depot Box.
- Return The Item with the proper product and collect your cash directly from the store manager or the person in charge.
Returning the purchased products Online
All of the eligible online purchases for online returns will receive a shipping label by email.
Print it out and attach it to your package.
- Visit www.homedepot.com.
- Log in to your Home Depot Account.
- Click on the Return Items option.
- Select the item which you want to return.
- Offer the reason for Returning the Purchased Product.
- Next, click on the Continue Button.
- Complete the Whole Process by the required terms and conditions of the return policy. Make sure to Reading the Rules then click on the “Agree” button.
- Your Process is Done.
Finally, stop into your nearest UPS store or drop box and mail the product with proper bills and accessories. Another option to process your return is over the phone by calling 1-800-3376.
Your returning process is completed and the refunding process is started and you get the refund within the given time limit.
What If I Lost My Purchase Receipt?
The purpose of the receipt is to show as a proof of your purchase. So, If you paid with a credit or debit card, a Home Depot associate can look up your purchase history in the system for up to the 90 days which is the return time slot.
However, if you paid with cash, chances are you can most likely receive store credit with a Home Depot gift card. So, Make sure you have your I.D and the store associate will then track your return this way.
Proof of the purchase is necessary to protect the store from those who may try yo abuse the policy or return stolen items. But since many pay with credit cards.So, there shouldn’t be much problem.
Exceptions to the 90-Day Return Policy
Most of the items purchased at The Home Depot can be returned for full credit within the 90 days. However, there are some some exceptions with return limit of only 30 days. Below are the categories of the item for the 30 days Return policy.
- Area Rugs
- Gas-Powered Tractors and Equipment
- Consumer Electronics, like Televisions and Computers
Below are a list of items that cannot be return at all once purchased. So try to be careful while you make your purchase from Home Depot.
- Major Appliances
- Gift Cards
- Whole House and Stationary Generators
- Utility Trailers
- Cut Flowers and Arrangements
- Installation Services, Labor, and Delivery Fees
- Product Samples
- Custom Blinds
Home Depot Exchange Policy
Rather than a Refund, if you wanna opt for an exchange of the products, Home Depot allows you to exchange your return product with the same product in-store.
You however cannot buy another product in exchange for the returned product. It has to be the same product and even if you are willing to pay extra to reach the price of the new item.
Exchange of the item is possible only once you complete your Return process.
Home Depot Refund Policy
Home Depot refund policy is very clear and straight forward. Your refund will be in the same method as you make the purchase. For instance – if you bought it via your card, you will get your refund to your card and so does the same for cash.
Appliance Return Policy
Major appliances are non-returnable except in the event of defects or damages. So, we would recommend you try to thoroughly inspect the appliance before accepting the delivery.
Once the delivery is accepted by the customer, they must report within 48 hours for any damage or defects in order to process a return. Major appliance include such as:
- Some Microwaves
You can return special orders but returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Paint Return Policy
Home Depot offers a Paint Satisfaction Guarantee. This basically means that If you aren’t happy with your purchase of the interior or exterior liquid paint, you can bring your paint and receipt into your local Home Depot.
The Returns for paint is within 30 days of purchase. However, keep in mind that you cannot get a refund for custom paint.
Home Depot Returns on Plants
The store allows you to return the plants with an offer of a 1-year guarantee on perennials, trees and shrubs.
Another guarantee it offers is that Bonnie plants with Miracle-grow will yield a harvest and If a year goes by and you see no results, you can get a refund by following the below steps:
- Bring your Bonnie plant and original receipt to The Home Depot Store where you bought.
- The Receipt must show a purchase of Bonnie plant and Miracle Grow within three days of one another
- Purchase date must be within the last six months.
Home Depot FAQ:
What is the Home Depot return policy?
Can I return doors to Home Depot?
Can I Return Plants To Home Depot?
How Can I Contact Home Depot?
That is the end our article on Home Depot Return Policy. We have tried our best t provide all the information related.
A quick recap is that for most part, you can still return things with the receipt and original packaging for a full refund of the original purchase price within 30 and 90 days of purchase depending on your item.
If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below!