Marshalls Return Policy: Marshalls is a popular discount store for many bargain shoppers. However, Marshall’s return policy can be a bit confusing depending on if you lose your receipt or if your purchase is made online or in-store.
I am here to lay down and cover all the fragmentation of the Marshalls Return Policy.
Technoratia provides the overview of Marshalls return policy for informational uses only. These policies are usually subject to change. Hence we recommend to contact the store directly for current return policies.
Marshalls Return Policy
Marshalls is a departmental stores chain in America and sells products like clothes, footwear, furniture, jewelry, bedding, and beauty products with its parent company as the TJX. It was founded by Alfred Marshall, Bernard Goldston, and Norman Barren headquartered is in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Related read: Gamestop Return Policy – Easy Return
The company has 1114 numbers of the location covering 42 states along with the US and Canada. products like clothes, footwear, furniture, jewelry, bedding, and beauty products.
What is the Number of Return Days Marshalls Offer?
Marshall offers 30 Days to return your items.
If you find your item damaged or for whatever reason wanna return the item, bring back your items within the 30 days time limit for a full refund to your original form of payment.
Is Receipt required to Return Stuff?
YES you’ll need your purchase receipt, unless you want to be refunded in store credit.
Without the receipt your only alternative will be to receive store credit for the current selling price of the item. The same can be said for returns with a over 30 days old receipt.
INSIDER TIP: If you have passed the 30 days and your receipt has been 31-45 days, often times the manager will likely accept the return. Just make sure to be polite and give it a try.
Store purchases with receipt
If you have the Marshalls purchase receipt, you can easily return your product for an exchange or refund.
- Visit a nearby location of the Marshalls’ store.
- Note that the returned merchandise need to be in original condition and not be worn or in the used condition.
- Take your purchased receipt while visiting the store.
- Keep your product into its original packing form.
- All Removed tag from swimwear or foundation garments will not be accepted. Clearance items are also not usually returnable.
The store manager also has the say on whether your merchandise is eligible for a return or not. If you’ve worn it or used or the merchandise looks like it cannot be resold for any reason, you won’t be able to return it.
Store purchases without a receipt
If you have lose the purchased receipt, Returns are only eligible for store credit.Your Government Id and transaction statement with you is also required.
A Valid ID (drivers license, military ID, state issued photo ID card), name, address and signature are also needed for returns if you are without a valid receipt or gift receipt. Your signature may be required too.
What About Online Purchases?
Marshall allows you to return items bought online with 40 days to your local Marshalls store or via the mail.
If you purchase your product online, you can return your online purchase either to the store or via mail within 40 days of the purchase date. You also need to provide the receipt or packing slip.
If you choose to return by mail, Marshalls does deducts $9.99 from the amount of your refund and for merchandise return after 40 days from the purchase date, you’ll get refund in the form of merchandise credit.
Any Exceptions to the 30 Days?
As mention above, Marshalls offers extra 10 days to return the online purchases.The other few return policy exceptions worth noting are:
- Gift Cards: They are not eligible for a return.
- Beauty Items: Opened or tampered with beauty products cannot be returned.
- Handbags: If you purchase a handbag worth over $499.99, you cannot return it in-store. Call Marshalls at 888-627-7425 to discuss your other options.
- Long Occasion Gowns: They cannot be returned in-store.
- Merchandise Over $1,000 in value: Products worth over $1000 in value are not eligible for an in-store return. Call the above phone number to discuss your available options.
- Final Sale Items: They cannot be returned. If you really wanna get your money back, maybe try selling them on eBay or any other marketplace.
- Swimwear and Undergarments: These items do have a 30-day return policy, however, the merchandise must still have the original price tag attached to be returnable.
Marshalls Refund Policy
Marshalls refund policy is quite simple and easy to understand.
- Once the returned product is verified, your refund process will start.
- The refund process usually takes around 10 business days.
- Your refund will be initiated only if the items are in their original condition.
- For return without a receipt, your Photo Id and Transaction proof are required.
- Merchandise needs to be in the proper state to get your refund immediately.
What if My Original Payment Method Was a Check?
If you paid by check and want a cash refund you’ll have to wait 10 days for your check to clear the bank. Or you can accept store credit as another alternative.
What If I Paid by PayPal?
If you paid by PayPal for in-store purchase, chances are you have to settle for store credit when making a return.
However, If you used PayPal for online purchase, your refund will be a charge-back credit to your PayPal account, along with a minus of a $9.99 S/H fee.
What About a Return to a No Longer Available Credit Card?
If your original credit card used for the payment is expired or no longer available, typically in most cases, you will be refunded in the form of store credit,however there has been some cases of some managers offering cash back.
It really doesn’t hurt to ask for cash. It’s worth trying but be prepared to get store credit.
Can you return Marshalls at TJ Maxx?
Can Items Be Used or Worn?
What if I lost my Marshalls receipt?
Customer care number of USA Marshalls
Hopefully you find this article helpful. Note that Merchandise bought in-store cannot be returned online and Exchanges are not allowed for online purchases either.
The store employee can either deny refunds and store credit. So, your best bet is to keep your Marshalls receipts safe and organized and not to remove the item tags until you’re sure you want to keep the product.