Gamestop Return Policy: GameStop is one of the world’s largest video game retailers. They are a retail store for Xbox One X, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch games along with consoles, systems, and accessories.
GameStop also offer memberships along with exclusive perks as well. In this article, find out how you can use their refund policy.
According to GameStop Return Policy, all of the New Items(excluding tablets) can be returned within the first 30 days of the purchase date. The products returned to GameStop.com by mail need to be in the original packaging and include the manuals, cables, and accessories in sellable condition.
New Tablets need to be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund and 7 days for a full refund for pre-owned merchandise.
We will discuss about what the return policy states, what items can and cannot be returned?
Can Items Be Opened?
If the game or gaming console is new, you cannot open if you want to return it for a refund. Note that GameStop considers games “opened” once the shrink wrap has been removed.
So,If you have opened, your only alternative is an identical exchange within 30 days of your purchase.
Do I Need My Receipt to Return Items?
Gamestop requires your receipt for any return or refund. It does makes sense from the company perspective as the return policy could be easily abused by customers if they didn’t require any proof of purchase.
So, make sure to keep it safe just in case you wanna return it.
Products eligible for return
Most of the Items from GameStop apart from downloadable content, Digital Games and PC Downloads are eligible for return in their original condition. There are also a few items eligible for a full refund even if have been opened, and certain items are eligible to be exchanged once that are opened.
They do not accept returns of:
- Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
- Any product(s) opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
- Any product(s) not in their original condition.
- Any product(s) that are damaged, played missing tools or parts.
- Any product(s) sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned in a complete bundle.
Gamestop Return Policy States:
Return Policy are meant to assure the customers that they care about them even after they bought the product.
Gamestop Return Policy has different terms and conditions according to the products. As mentioned above, Gamestop states that you can return your product within 30 days of your purchase and it is the general time-frame for most Gamestop products.
However, there are some products that do not fall under the 30 days category which we will discuss below.
Gamestop Products Eligibility For Return
This section will clearly define items of different return time-frame.
- New Products: Gamestop has 30 days for a return and after the said days, they will not accept your return. Note that the product to be returned must not be opened to ensure your return acceptance.
- Tablets: Tablets have a time-frame of 14 days to be eligible for a return.
- New Accessories: Accessories such as remotes or cables or any of the output devices have 30 days from the date of your purchase to return products.
- Pre-Owned Merchandise: Any pre-owned merchandise has a return time slot of 7 days
Exceptions in Gamestop Return Policy
You cannot return those products, so make sure to be aware of the list in order to avoid any confusion.
- Any product cannot be returned after 30 days.
- Item condition should not be tampered with.
- Any Digital games, Pc downloads or any Downloadable content cannot be returned.
- You cannot return individual item of a bundle product.
You can return your items bought either in-store or via mail. However, you need to the GameStop receipt and the product in an unopened condition.
Related read: Autozone Return Policy with & without Receipt Tutorial
To return, it is advisable to first get the return approval of the GameStop customer care representatives. You can contact them at 1-800-883-8895.
How to Return At Your Local Store?
Theproducts purchased online or in-store can be returned to your local store.
Note: Keep the receipt and the original packaging of the product.
It’s as simple as that. Even if you brought the product online or from the store, you can go back and return the product.
How to Return through Mail?
The other way to return is via mail. Gamestop provides a return label along with their products for just in case, so if you want to mail them back, simply fill that return label and stick it on the box and mail it back it to the address mentioned.
- Take out the packing list which you would have received with your order.
- State your reason for returning the item.
- Next, Print out the return shipping label and simply stick it on top of the box to be returned along with the manuals, cables, or any other items.
Note: Shipping charges is on you.
Other Return Policy Tidbits…
“Bundled” Products – For bundled products, you need to return it bundle not individually, or else they’ll not accept your return.
Get a Credit for Handling Costs – For returning an item through mail, which was bought online, you’re however eligible for a handling credit if the reason for the return is an error from GameStop. If that’s the case, you can call them at 1-800-883-8895 to request your credit.
Defective Products After 30 Days – The manufacturer’s warranty will apply to defective video games, systems, and computer hardware.
Have you lost the receipt of your recent purchase?
Well, Bad luck buddy! GameStop will neither refund nor exchange their item without the receipt. So, make sure to keep the receipt safely with you next time.
How Long Does It Take for GameStop to Refund Money?
Refunds would be made in your original mode of payment. If you return in-store, GameStop would refund the amount immediately, however, for online returns, it can take anywhere around 10 days to complete the whole refund process.
An exception to Payment Mode: However, if the purchase amount was higher than $150, you would need to get a check from GameStop Corporate within 14 working days from receiving the item.
That is all you need to know about all the necessary components of Gamestop Return Policy from time-frame for the customers for a return to the Products that can be returned or exchanged.Numbers to call for a refund.
Hopefully, you like this article and make a better shopping experience. If so, let us know in the comment box below below for other readers.
Finally, don’t forget to add your question or feedback in the comment section.