Best Buy Return Policy: Best Buy holiday return policy can sometimes be a bit confusing. However, read on as we will try our best to make your return as smooth as possible.
We always make a few purchases that is regretted later and need to be reconsidered for return.
Add that to the mix the fact that a lot of items can sometimes get damaged during the shipping, especially more for the fragile electronic devices which makes you back online browsing for the return and refund policies of the retailer.
Iam guessing that is the case for your visit to this page.
Best buy Laptop, TV, Holiday, Open Box Return Policy
Best Buy Return Policy Overview
Best Buy has a standard return policy of 15 days that is counted starting from the purchase date.
However, there are a few exceptions to this policy (more on this below).
Items that eligible for a full refund and exchange with a receipt; without a receipt, can be exchanged. For products like cell phones and other devices that require activation, the return period is limited to one day difference of 14 days and are subject to a $35 restocking fee.
Related read: Marshalls Return Policy Return Policy
Wedding registry items are set for 60 days to return.
Items like Drones, DSLR cameras and lenses and other special order products are subject to a 15% of the item purchase price.
There is however no restocking fee for items that are unopened both purchased and returned in the following states: Alabama, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and where it is prohibited by the law of the state.
As per Best buy return policy, the merchandise needs to be returned including all the item’s accessories and packaging, otherwise, it may be partially refunded or even denied for return.
Best Buy’s Return Policy w/ My Best Buy Elite or Best Buy Elite Plus
For My Best Buy Elite membership users, the standard return policy extends further to 30 days from the initial 15 days and is further extended to 45 days from the date of purchase for Best Buy Elite Plus membership.
(Note: For Elite and Elite Plus users, the cellphones and devices that need activation are still only valid for return within the original 14-day period; the wedding registry items also are available for only 60 days same for all users)
Best Buy Return Policy No Receipt
Best Buy will accept an item back usually without a receipt.
However that can’t be said for all the times, there are certain cases where the return may be denied or even limited to partial refund and will exclude sales taxes & fees.
Best Buy Appliance Return Policy
This is important and quite a common sense thing to do and that is you are requested to carefully inspect the product before accepting any delivery of a major appliance.
Once the product delivery is accepted, in case you are still not satisfied due to various issues, you can still contact support (and not the store) within 15 days.
What is the Return Process?
If you have decided to return your product to Best Buy, you can do so via the three options available for returning items to Best Buy.
- You can Return in Store
- Return by Mail by any mail Carrier of Your Choice
- Use a Best Buy Prepaid Label
The Best Buy prepaid labels allow you the customers to pay nothing up front by following the instruction for printing a Prepaid Return Label. (However, shipping fee for the return items may be deducted from your refund.)
Return in Store
Take the following items:
- Product to return, including all the original contents and packaging
- The packing slip or the receipt
- The credit card that is used to make the purchase
- A valid photo ID
Simply, Visit a Best Buy store with the above items to return your items and refund to the card used to make the purchase or to get store credit or even make an exchange.
Best Buy Returns by Mail
Pack the items mentioned below:
Merchandise to return, including all the original contents and packaging
Packing slip or the return form
If no packing slip was found, you can create a pre-populated return form by looking up your order or even print out a blank return form and fill it out.
Simply affix a return label to the package, add a postage and mail it with any carrier of your choice.
How to Print a Prepaid Return Label?
- First of all, Visit the orders page.
- Locate your order.
- If you have placed a guest order, enter your Order Number, Last Name, and Phone Number to retrieve your order details.
- Click on the See Return Options button.
- If your total order contains more than one product, you can select the item you wish to return. (Each item requires its own prepaid label.)
- Select the Print Prepaid Label button. You will be shown an estimated return shipping fee.
- Simply, follow the prompts and the instructions to print your prepaid label.
- Follow the instructions that are printed on your prepaid label to complete your return.
Exclusions and Considerations to Best Buy Return Policy
As mentioned before, Best Buy return policy based on the item and merchandise has a slight differences in their policy. Here’s an overview of the exceptions and special cases that need to be look into :
- Apparel: Clothes with original tags and has not been worn or laundered can be returned.
- Best By Express, Best Buy For Business, Best Buy Education: Product that is purchased through these programs can return in-store.
- Bundle or Promotional Discount Items: You can return an item as a part of a bundle or promotional discount (even if it not the entire purchase), they will still reimburse you for what you do return, of course, minus the value of the discount.
- Custom Orders: No custom can be returned. All sale is final.
- Final Sale and Nonreturnable Items: All the Final Sale items cannot be returned – Including completed services, custom orders, digital content, prepaid cards, gift packaging, memberships, opened consumable items.
- Gifts: Items that are returned as gifts will be refunded, however in the form of store credit for in-store returns.
- Software, Movies, Music, and Games: The Opened items can be exchanged however only for an identical product.
- Wedding Registry Items: The Items eligible for return must be linked to the Registry at the time of purchase to receive the 60-day return period.