Import OLM files in Apple Mail by following the best methods. Move your OLM emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes into Apple/Mac Mai.
Trying to import OLM file in Apple mail but not sure how to do so? The migration of files from one application to another can be extremely daunting especially for non-technical users. Therefore, in this article, we are going to discuss all possible methods to transfer your OLM files to Apple/Mac mail.
Before you start this procedure, you must know why you are going to do it and why. The OLM file is the archive file created by the Mac Outlook email client which is capable of storing all its data items. It can save emails, address books, tasks, calendars, notes but you cannot directly import this file to Apple mail which is a completely different platform altogether supporting an MBOX file format.
Apple Mail is the default email client installed on Mac operating system. It does not recognize an OLM file but rather supports the MBOX file format.
One of the prominent reasons for users to make a shift from Outlook for Mac to Apple Mail is the free service that it provides its users with advanced features. No matter what your reason for this transition might be, we are going to explain the two most effective solutions for you to achieve this migration target.
Smart Way to Import OLM Files in Apple Mail
User Query: “I have been a Mac Outlook user for years now. It has worked just fine for me but in recent times, I have observed that it crashes in the middle of my work and the data that I didn’t save in time ends up getting lost permanently. After these incidents, I tried upgrading and re-installing it but to no benefit. For the time being, I started using Apple Mail and so far I am enjoying its amenities. Since it is a fresh environment for me, I have decided to import OLM file in Apple Mail. Can you advise me on how can transfer my data?”
In the upcoming sections of this article, we are going to explain manual as well as automatic solutions to help you import data.
Automatic Method to Import OLM File in Apple Mail
Let us first discuss the automatic smart trick for this process. When you transition data in bulk, it is not very convenient and practical to apply the manual method since it requires lots of labor.
Therefore, for users who prefer having professional solutions, we strongly recommend giving a try to Mac OLM Converter tool software. After having researched the most effective tools for you, we came across this utility that comes with some amazing features. This tool is preferred by professionals worldwide.
Features of the Software
- Import OLM file in Apple mail in bulk in a single attempt.
- Perform selective conversion of OLM data files.
- Apply various filters such as date filer & naming conventions.
- Export attachment along with emails to Apple Mail.
- Preserves data hierarchy, stricture & integrity during the migration.
- No file size limitations on the files to be imported.
Working: It provides an easy to use interface with advanced utilities. You simply have to download and launch this software on your device and add OLM file(s)/folder to it. Then, choose MBOX format & apply settings to it. Browse a location to save this file & click on the ‘Export’ button to begin the process.
After you create MBOX files, simply launch Apple Mail & import this file into it to further use it with the Apple Mail.
Manually Import OLM File in Apple Mail
The manual method is useful when you have to shift fewer data. But when it comes to moving your entire Outlook data, this is quite impractical to perform and is not worth your time. Follow the below-given steps to know how you can do it:
- Run Outlook on your Mac machine & select the mailbox that you want to move.
- Drag and drop this mailbox in a local folder on your device where it will be saved as MBOX.
- Repeat this procedure for all your required Mac Outlook 2016 & 2011 mailboxes.
- Now, launch Apple mail on your device and click on File > Import Mailboxes.
- In the next window, choose to import the MBOX file extension and click on Continue.
- Then, select all of the MBOX files and click on Continue to import OLM file in Apple Mail.
- Continue with the procedure till the time you have all of your items in your new client.
In this blog, we learned how you can import OLM file in Apple mail easily & effortlessly. It talks about two different methods including an automatic way & a manual method. Depending upon the user’s choice, they can go with any of the mentioned methods.
However, the tool that we recommend here is an advanced utility capable of working with huge amounts of data in the minimum time possible.