Transfer Amazon Gift Card to PayPal: As of now, there is no straightforward way where users could redeem their Amazon gift cards and get a Paypal balance.
There is no way to directly transfer your fund from your Amazon Gift card to your PayPal.
Why Amazon does not accept PayPal straightforwardly?
It’s simple, Amazon and eBay are competitors and both have their own payment method, i.e Amazon Pay and Paypal.
PayPal and eBay are connected together and PayPal is an immediate competitor to Amazon’s very own payment service, Amazon Pay.
Method 1: 2 Step Process
However, you can use an indirect method to transfer your money from your Amazon Pay account to your PayPal account. You can transfer your Amazon pay funds into your PayPal account, as long as both of your payment methods are verified and linked to a valid bank account.
Note: You have to select the exact same bank account to link to both of your Amazon Pay and PayPal accounts, otherwise the fund transfer won’t work.
How to Link Your Bank Account to Amazon Pay
- Log in to your Amazon Pay home page.
- Go to the Settings tab < select your Account Info from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Deposit Method to link a verified bank account as your payment methods on your Amazon Pay account.
- Next, Under the Deposit Method, select on Edit.
- From the drop-down menu, Select your Bank Location Country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of your bank in the empty field, fill up the exact name that your bank displays on the bank statements.
Next, enter all the required bank account information – account and routing number < select the Checking option.
Click on the Verify button to submit your bank account information.
It can take from around five to seven days for Amazon to send verification that your bank account has been added to your Amazon Pay account.
How to Link Your Bank Account to PayPal
- Visit your PayPal account home page and log in.
- Under My Account < Profile tab to access a drop-down menu.
- Click on the Add/Edit Bank Account.
- Next, fill up your bank account information – bank location, bank name, routing number, account number, and the name listed on the account.
- Select on Submit tab to complete the process.
PayPal will then send you a verification that your bank account has been linked to your PayPal account within the next three to five days.
How to Transfer Funds from Amazon Pay to Bank Account
- Log in to your Amazon Pay account
- Select the Withdraw Funds tab and click on Bank Account in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Transfer Funds to your Verified Checking Account
- Select the Amazon to withdraw funds bank account that you have added previously added.
- Enter the fund amount that you want to withdraw
- Click on Continue and then Confirm.
- It can take five to seven business days for the fund to hit your bank account.
How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card to PayPal
After you have received your Amazon payment on your bank account, visit your PayPal account < Click Add Money < Balance Manager and select your verified bank account.
Click on Add Money from Your Bank Account and fill the amount of money that you want to withdraw. Click on Continue to complete the transaction.
It can take three to five days for the transfer to go through.
Method 2: Exchange gift cards via ‘sellmegiftcard.com’
You can also convert your Amazon gift card to Paypal cash.
Using Sellmegiftcard, you can cash out your remaining balance from your gift cards to their PayPal accounts.
Follow the below steps to exchange your Amazon gift cards with PayPal cash:
- Enter your gift card details – gift card brand, date of expected receipt of funds, gift card remaining balance, PayPal information, and other info required.
- Double-check your gift card information.
- Once everything is finalized, click on the submit form on the website,
- If the Gift Card balance is verified, your funds will then be transferred to your PayPal account.
Method 3: PAYPAL METHOD
Below are a few things required for this Paypal Method
Your Paypal account that linked to your bank account (credit/Debit card)
Another PayPal account open and match with the name on the amazon gift card or even better yet still linked with the amazon gift card
So, you technically need two PayPal accounts.
First of all, make sure your main PayPal account is linked with your bank account. If you haven’t done it yet, it’s simple. There are tons of tutorials on the web.
The second PayPal must be linked with your amazon gift card that needs to transfer the money from.
- Log in to the first main PayPal account
- Go to tools < all tools
- Click on Invoice And then Create an invoice
- In the price tab, enter the gift card amount
- On the bill to box, enter the second PayPal account mail
- Click on the send button
- You will receive an invoice email on your second PayPal account
- Next, log in to the Secondary PayPal
- Since this second account has already linked with the amazon gift card (If it hasn’t, use the add credit/debit card section to link the amazon gift card)
- Pay the invoice with the gift card.
Once the invoice is paid, you will get the fund on your main PayPal account and can withdraw it from your main PayPal account to your bank account that is linked to it.
There is no direct straightforward way to withdraw funds from your Amazon account to your Paypal account. You can use any of the above methods to perform the actions.
Withdrawing funds from your account balance, the transaction will appear in your account as a pending transaction. After the transfer is completed, the transaction status will display as either Success or Failure, appears in your Account Activity depending on the transaction process.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below if you know of any other alternative methods to transfer funds from your Amazon account to your Paypal account.