What is the Best Dehumidifier for My Basement? Is the basement of your house where you spent most of your free time is becoming dirty with damp patches? If yes, then read on.
Most people like you have witnessed such things as damp patches, molds, and mildews in the rooms.
Do you know the actual reason that how the beautifully designed wall of your basement is getting molds?
The main reason is because of the excess humidity level in the walls and in the atmosphere in the room.
With the advancement of technology, we have a dehumidifier for the basement available in the market.
>> Related read: 5 Best Weight Gainers Supplements
These electric appliances help to control the accurate level of humidity in your rooms.
What size Dehumidifier for Basement?
In order to dehumidify a 1,000 square-foot basement, a 14-pint capacity is recommended. For a very damp basement, a dehumidifier holding 12 pints of water for a 500-square-foot space is required, adding a five pints for every of the additional 500 square feet.
Benefits of Dehumidifier For Basement
Here are some of the top reasons to get a dehumidifier for the basement:
- Accurate Level Of Humidity – One of the main reasons to get a dehumidifier is to get the accurate amount of humidity in your room. The ideal level of humidity is below 50% however; in the basement, the humidity level is always greater than the ideal humidity.
- Kill Molds – Another reason to get a dehumidifier is to remove the dampness and moisture from the walls of the basement. Moisture results in the growth of the molds and mildews on the walls which can destroy the walls of your basement.
- Eliminate Allergens – Due to the high level of humidity and moisture, it is common to get sick with different kinds of allergies. Allergies like eye irritation, sneezing, respiratory problems, and skin diseases. A Dehumidifier eliminates the allergens through which it helps to protect the members of the family from different allergies.
- Remove Musty Smells – The musty smells are very common in the basement because of the high level of humidity. These musty smells are a combination of molds and mildews. A dehumidifier also helps in removing the musty odors from the room by which you can breathe easily.
- Improves Air Quality – A good dehumidifier also helps in improving air quality. By removing the pollen and reducing the dust mites a dehumidifier makes the indoor environment healthier and cleaner.
Considering some of these points while buying a dehumidifier will be best for you.
You can also use the best dehumidifier under $50 that is best for your basement.
What is the Best Dehumidifier for My Basement?
Before you buy a dehumidifier it’s better to look at some of the features you need to look for.
A good dehumidifier must have some of these features:
- Pint Capacity
It is the amount of moisture in pints that a dehumidifier can remove from the atmosphere in 24 hours. Generally, pint capacity at 70 pints or below is best for basement and residential use. A dehumidifier above 70 pints is ideal for commercial use.
- Tank Capacity
Every dehumidifier has a different tank capacity which is the amount of water that will be stored in that tank. One should choose the water tank capacity according to the size of the room.
This feature in a dehumidifier lets the electric appliance restart automatically after power interruptions. This allows the dehumidifier to automatically bring to the previous setting.
- Noise Level
Dehumidifiers are noisy appliances than other home appliances. It’s better to choose the one under 50 decibels which are considered to be quiet for a dehumidifier.
- Auto Shut Off
One of the great features of a dehumidifier is the auto shut-off. This feature is very useful as it allows the device to automatically get shut off immediately after the water tank is full.
Those who are looking for a dehumidifier to run continuously should need one that has an automatic or inbuilt drainage system. There are some models of dehumidifier that has an inbuilt pumping system.
- Caster Wheel
Last but not the least, the dehumidifiers with caster wheels let you move the dehumidifier anywhere you want.
Condensation on windows, molds, and must smells are some of the top signs of excessive humidity level. If you are also facing such problems in your basement then using a dehumidifier will be best for you.
We have discussed a lot of information about the dehumidifier for the basement, now it may be easier to decide the best for you.
There are dozens of dehumidifiers in the market. It’s important to decide on a dehumidifier according to the type and size of the basement.