Looking for YouTube Vanced APK?
YouTube has been the biggest online video streaming platform for a while now and there is no doubt about that.
I use it all the time and you use it too. It’s a great platform and entertain us in many ways.
However, with the introduction of more ad rolls, premium options, the free users are dumped with many annoying features.
So, if you ever watched a YouTube video and a 30 seconds unskippable ad just rolls right in the middle. It’s super annoying!
Well, you can get rid of those ads and get the majority of the premium Youtube feature for free with YouTube Vanced App or vanced youtube.
What is YouTube Vanced?
YouTube Vanced is basically a mod version of the original YouTube app. It was first named as injected YouTube Background Playback (iYTBP) and later on renamed as YouTube (Ad) Vanced.
Its idea was started from the Xposed Module for the YouTube Video Playback. Since the Xposed Module had some kind of problems working with the Android Nougat v7.0, this app was designed with all features of that module.
YouTube Vanced download App comes with some very interesting and features that are available only in the YouTube paid version such as Ad-free, dark themes, Background video playback while screen locked., and many other more.
So, now you know that via the YouTube Vanced APK, it allows you to watch the Videos as usual from the original app but with no more annoying in-video advertisements.
It’s totally an ad-free version as if the Youtube ad blocker is injected into the original YouTube app. Other advanced features include such as PiP (Picture in Picture) mode which allows you to play the video while using another app (only works with Oreo Roms as of now).
Also, note that the features of the Vanced app are similar in all the versions but with small differences with the non-rooted devices.
We will be discussing below all it’s features in detail, how to download the APK file and it’s complete installation guides, and also download links for both rooted and non-rooted Android devices.
Short YouTube Vanced (iYTBP) History
Here is a brief background about how the app come into being. A few months back, the same app was created or introduced as injected YouTube Background Playback (iYTBP) developed by a very well-known XDA member Master_T.
But it has been taken and renamed with its new name YouTube Vanced is a part of a new project by the developers namely @ZaneZam, @Laura Almeida., @Razerma, and @KevinX8.
Anyhow, the developers did a pretty good job and there is no difference between the two separated tools as there is no doubt that all features have been perfectly injected.
YouTube Vanced Features
Below are some of the few features of the YouTube Vanced App that are worth noting.
- Block all sort of ads (Toggle to block all ads)
- Background Playback ( allows users to play video in the background while using different apps or locking the screen off. )
- Force VP9 (or HDR) or vice versa
- Override Maximal Resolution
- Toggle Themes (While, Dark, Black)
- Pinch to Zoom (for all devices)
- Casting Togglable
- Auto Repeat Feature
- PiP – Picture in Picture mode (available as of now for Android Oreo only)
- Preferred Speed and Resolution
- Swipe controls for Brightness and Volume
- Select new or old Window style
Note: This is not the premium version of YouTube, it is a modded version of the original YouTube app.
I am not gonna go all-out customization tutorial of the app here. You can pretty much easily figure out when you installed on your device as it is pretty self-explanatory.
But just to get a few basic ideas of how it works, I am gonna show you the steps to enable dark mode on the app and Background Play along with few others.
If this is your first time using the Vanced app, you will not see much difference from the original app at first glance as they are pretty similar until you dig deeper into the account and settings.
To switch the Dark theme,
- Tap the account icon that looks like a person in the upper-right corner
- Click on Settings.
- Tap on “General.” and toggle to switch over to the app’s Dark theme.
Enable Background Play
- Go back to the main Settings tap on the “Background”
- You can customize from here whether you want the app to play video background or not which is a feature and an option given to only YouTube Red which is the YouTube premium version.
Apart from that, there are many customization and tweaks you can do to improve the user experience of the app in the “Vanced Settings” which is located in the primary Settings screen.
You can personalize your Video Settings menu, preferred video quality, default speed you want your videos to play at, and whether you want the captions to automatically show or trigger if your device’s volume is low or turn off.
How to Install YouTube Vanced?
Well, there are two types of installation process depending on your device based on whether it is rooted or non-rooted.
Note: The latest Version 15.05.54 requires the Split APKs Installer (SAI). Click here to download and install it from the Google Play Store.
If you are using an Android device, download the non-rooted version as they are usually not rooted.
- Download the APK file from the download button at the bottom of the page.
- Head over to your Settings and enable the installation of the Unknown Sources option.
- Locate the Youtube Vanced APK file and tap on it to install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Once it’s done, you can start using the app if you don’t like to log in to your google account. However, it is not mandatory if you don’t want to log in.
But if you wanna log in similar to YouTube, download the MicroG APK which basically allows users to use the modded version of Youtube application along with your original youtube account.
There is a bit of work to be done for installing the app if you have a rooted device.
- Download the official installer from the “root” page
- Next, choose the appropriate Vanced APK version based on your device and the second theme that you need to install
- Move the downloaded Youtube Vanced APK file to /sdcard/Downloads or into the installation zip
- Next, Uninstall all the updates of YouTube and disable the auto-update from the Play Store
- Now, flash the installer in TWRP
If you are looking to install the app via Magisk, here is how it’s done. There are basically 3 ways to install the app using magisk.
- Install the application via magisk repo
- Use the magisk module which provided in the downloads section
- “Install via magisk.plz” or enable magisk from the root installer > settings.sh
How to Install the latest Updates?
Download from our website the latest APK file and install on your device.
Can I install the YouTube Vanced APK as I usually install for other APK’s?
Yes, it is the same process for non-rooted devices.
Does PIP mode still works?
Yes, but it only with Android Oreo as of now.
Is Watch History Working?
Yes! But in order to work, you first have to whitelist “s.youtube.com” in your adblocker and make sure your gmail account is connected properly if using non-root version due to microG.
Is Background Playback Option Downloading the Video?
No. After you play videos in the background, it only downloads just the audio version.
Will “Crop to Fit” Feature Work on Samsung S8 & S8+ Model?
Yes! It will work only in the rooted version as of now because the package name is changed.
No worries tho, because the feature named “Pinch to Zoom” will do the same functionality as Crop to Fit.